Residential Property Insurance

Residential Property Insurance2019-01-19T00:51:25+00:00

This type of insurance policy is designed for Private Individuals, Property Owning Organisations, Management Companies and Residents Associations all of which have varying demands and needs.

Home Insurance

A comprehensive package policy that offers protections against a wide selection of perils. The fundamental cover selections are Buildings, Contents and Personal Possessions (the latter affording cover for items taken outside of the home, such as Jewellery, Laptops etc.) This policy also provides Occupiers and Property Owners Liability for you and your family. It is worth noting that should you have any high value items, these may need to be specified if over a certain limit. Most insurers will have inner and single article limits for High Risk Valuables which are generally defined as Pictures, Works of Art, Stamp/Coin Collections and Silverware etc.

Mid/High Net Worth Home Insurance

Designed for individuals who require a tailored and more bespoke solution to their insurance requirements. Quite often this will involve insuring a larger property, with higher sums insured for both contents and personal possessions. These policies are very flexible and can be tweaked to meet with each client’s lifestyle.

Landlords Insurance

This insurance product caters for individuals with one buy to let, or a property mogul with a portfolio! Landlords insurance is a package policy covering 3 main bases which are Property/Buildings, Loss of Rent & Property Owners Liability. There are many other optional covers which can be added, in order to make a fully comprehensive policy.

UK Holiday Homes Insurance

These can be either a 2nd family home or a commercial let. The main core covers are Buildings, Contents and Liability. Insurers generally tend to offer wider cover for 2nd Homes as opposed to those used as a commercial venture. This type of policy provides challenges in respect of unoccupancy, in so much as insurers will restrict covers or apply terms if unoccupied over a certain period of time. It is important that you are aware of this and what is expected of you.

Blocks of Flats Insurance

This is a flexible type of policy that needs to be able to cope with a variety of occupants. Usually insured by a Residents Association or Management Company, this policy can offer protection for the Buildings, Communal Contents, Landlords Contents, Loss of Rent/Alternative Accommodation Costs and Property Owners Liability.

Unoccupied Residential Property Insurance

There are times when a landlord decides to sell a previously let property, or a house becomes unoccupied due to bereavement. This is a specialist area of insurance, but in truth not complicated to understand. Insurers apply higher premiums and restrictions of cover to unoccupied properties, as they are historically at greater risk of Theft, Malicious Damage and Major Losses. We have a number of insurers who can provide full cover for your unoccupied property, so please speak to one of our specialist team to discuss your requirements.

Working from Home Insurance

More and more people are saving themselves the daily commute and using their time more constructively by working from home. Insurers are now able to provide what is in essence a home insurance policy, but also incorporating liability, business contents and stock. This is generally geared towards the clerical/professional and retail end of the insurance spectrum. It can be a very cost efficient way of protecting your family home and business all under one policy.

Bed & Breakfast

Specifically designed for those property owners who operate a small guest house/bed & breakfast who also reside at the property. The insurance covers required are similar to that of a standard home insurance policy, but fundamentally must include an extension of Public & Products liability for taking in paying guests. Policies of this type usually restrict theft of property too unless by forcible or violent entry/exit to the property.

Go to Top